Monday, September 21, 2009

Football Picks

I've been doing college football pick'em groups for several years now. I've based a lot of my picks off watching how the teams have performed against their previous competition and how well I know who's playing. Sometimes I win with picks like Michigan over Notre Dame, sometimes I lose like BYU falling to FSU (though the imaginary headlines of "Bowden nails Cougars" were like Christmas for a guy like me).

Either way, some of you might be the type of person who puts some $$$ on the line in choosing your teams. If you are, I'd like to pass on a couple of links. Here you can find your NCAA Football Odds, and here you can actually put your money where your mouth is when you make your College Football Picks.

No trips to Vegas required, it's as simple as setting up an account and funding it to make you some taxable income over the weekend. No bookies, no broken arms, and no hitmen killing your father (Michael Jordan only wishes he'd known about this back in the 90's). It's all in good fun and if you're confident in your selections it's a good way to earn some gas money for the trip to the Cocktail Party.

I will caution you to not be stupid. Sports betting can be a responsible activity as long as you limit yourself as to how much you're willing to lose. So if you set up an account don't start moving your life-savings around just to make some picks you think you can win on. Play responsibly and keep it fun for all of us.

No comments: